Saturday, August 11, 2012

IT'S QUIET HERE

...Going into the third week Ramadan.  During Ramadan Saudi Arabia becomes a night culture. Muslims fast and sleep during the day and activities resume after sun down until the wee hours of the morning. Most malls are open until 3:00 AM. Unfortunately for me, I had a hard time getting my body to adjust to the local time when I came back from the States, as such, I remain a day person in a night culture. Yes, it can be very frustrating.

Nothing happening at KSU. Non-KSU teachers were not assigned any classes, so basically all non-KSU instructors chill during the day, unless we have to substitute or proctor.  I CAN"T WAIT TO GET BACK TO  PNU!.

Insights... I really believe I have become immune to the constraints associated with living here. My attitude most of the time now is "oh well". Best survival mechanism ever. Am I still trying to make an impact? Of course! However,  now I see all obstacle as what they really are..a manifestation of my presence in a foreign culture. As such, nothing is taken too personally and it's so much easier to trudge along.

No comments:

Post a Comment